McLane Company, Inc Sanitation in Republic Missouri United States
Department: Maintenance Location: Ozark (Republic, MO) Description:
This position is responsible for cleaning warehouse, office areas, break rooms, and restrooms to Silliker standards and maintaining the exterior grounds. Specific duties will be determined by the shift worked.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Maintain a clean work environment in the offices, break rooms, Distribution Center and Transportation area
- Offices (including copy room and conference rooms): Vacuum and/or sweep and mop floors, empty trash cans and place items in designated dumpsters, wipe dust from surfaces, wash windows and wipe down walls as needed.
- Restroom: Clean and sanitize sinks, toilets and urinals, sweep and mop floors, empty trash receptacles and place items in designated dumpsters, clean mirrors, replace air freshener and wipe down all surfaces and walls as needed.
- Break rooms, entrances and locker areas: Wash windows, sweep and mop floors, wipe dust from surfaces, pick-up trash, empty trash receptacles and place items in designated dumpsters, wipe down tables, chairs, and walls, clean sink and cook areas and replenish supplies on a continual basis.
- Distribution Center: Sweep and clean floors, empty trash, clean under dock plates, wipe down racks, clean windows and pick up pallets as needed.
- Division Grounds: Pick-up trash throughout the grounds, keep walkways free of debris, trash, and/or snow, empty exterior trash cans, empty cigarette ash trays, pick up cigarette butts on ground or on tables, wipe down tables and other surfaces and mow grass (in some locations).
- Follow and maintain all standards for cleanliness, housekeeping, manufacturing practices and food storage as outlined by Silliker.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment (including pallet jack) within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F; teammates assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as cold as -10° F.
Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more. Qualifications:
Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Y Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
Be able to use cleaning products and operate electric floor cleaners, riding lawn mowers and vacuum cleaners. Working Conditions:
The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, office, break rooms, and restrooms; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside and outside as needed.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- This position requires the teammate to handle trash and other types of debris; appropriate safety measures and applicable personal protective equipment will be provided if needed. Posted: 02/12/2014 Requisition #: services/sanitation-ozark-021214/02122014 Interested candidates complete an online application for this position.